The Secret Society of Happy People (yes, it's a real thing) has deemed August "Happiness Happens" month. At Cingo, we believe that happiness is so important that it's part of our Core Values. We strive to be Happy People Making People Happy on a daily basis. We apply this not only to interactions with our customers, but with each other as well. Since the world can always use more happy people, here are a few tips for becoming one.
In the article "7 Traits Only Happy People Have," by Jayson Demeres and published on Inc.com, these characteristics typically define the happiest humans.
- Gratitude: Be thankful for what you have instead of focusing on what you don't.
- Present Focus: Happy people live in the moment. Dwelling on the past or worrying about what is to come only causes unnecessary stress & negativity.
- Humor: Don't take life too seriously. Find time to laugh every single day.
- Self-Confidence: Believing in your own ability to accomplish the task at hand takes away doubt and the stress that accompanies it.
- Adaptability: Change is inevitable and occurs on a daily basis. People who are able to roll with the punches do not dwell on the negative aspects of change. Instead, they troubleshoot the objective and keep on going.
- Optimism: Choosing to focus on the positive is difficult for many of us, but it is a choice we all can make. Always believing that things will somehow work out in the end provides a sense of peace and solace.
- Intangible Values: Put your focus on what truly matters—family, friends, and experiences.
From Atlanta to Savannah and from Charleston to Georgia's Lake Country, from pest control technicians to the Cingo customer care folks, our team is built on people who believe in teamwork, genuinely care about their co-workers and strive for happiness. You can find photos of our happy people on Facebook and Instagram.
Looking for happiness in a pest control company? Become a customer. Looking to work with one of the nation's best and brightest companies? Join the Team.
About Cingo: The name Cingo means to surround and secure, conveying the company's commitment to home protection. The company has been protecting families in the Southeast since 1974. It provides home protection services throughout Georgia and South Carolina, including Atlanta, Augusta, Charleston, Douglas, Dublin, Milledgeville, Savannah, Vidalia, Waycross and all points in between. Cingo was named a Best Place to Work in Georgia by Georgia Trend Magazine and listed as a National Best & Brightest Company to Work For. Learn more at www.cingohome.com.